Keller Travels

Keller Travels

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 3: Colorado Springs

This morning we drove to Garden of the Gods.  This is a National Natural Landmark filled with unique rock formations.  Red rocks and red gravel everywhere.  There are numerous trails including several along the perimeter of the park, at a higher elevation. Lots of photo stops along the way.  I took these photos with my camera.   

Kissing Camels

Cathedral Spires




After lunch we walked the streets in Manitou Springs.  On the way to the campground I noticed a turn off  for Red Rock Canyon Open Space.  We spend another hour hiking thru the canyon and quarry.



Wall from a quarry


Just a beautiful view!


A few flowers among the grass and sand.

And just as I was entering these photos, I happened to look out the window and there were 5 deer right outside our trailer.





It was very warm today, mid to upper 90's, but it was cloudy so that helped.  Tonight it is cool with a breeze blowing thru the windows.  Maybe we will both sleep better tonight.  

Tomorrow we head to the Royal Gorge and then to the Air Force Academy including an afternoon variety show in their theater. 

Hope all is well,

Marsha

















No comments:

Post a Comment