Keller Travels

Keller Travels

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blogging again; Phoenix, AZ and Brownsville, TX

We took the laptop to Best Buy and the Geek Squad worked their magic!  We had a wonderful 8 days in and around the Phoenix area.  Our friends Paul and Nancy from Downers Grove have a home in Goodyear and we enjoyed 2 days with them.  There are so many hiking trails in the Phoenix area.  We visited the Desert Botonical Gardens and the Heard Museum.  Here are some pictures for your enjoyment!









Wonder who lives here?







Today is Sunday, February 19th and we are in Brownsville, TX.  It was a long drive here from Phoenix.  We drove 1000 miles on Saturday.  I think that sets a one day driving record for us.
After we got settled in at the condo, we drove to the Sabal Palm Sanctuary.  I was surprised that everything was green.  So many beautiful birds.  The true "birders" told us the species, but of course I don't remember!










Tomorrow morning we head over to the visitor center for ideas on things to do and get some information about Charro Days Fiesta 2012, a week long celebration here in Brownsville. The forecast is for cloudy days this entire week with temps in the 70's. Who knows, maybe the sun will shine!


I thought I would include this last photo.  Our son Mark is riding his bike from San Diego to St. Augustine, FL.  He was so excited when he called us this morning.  He posted this photo on his FB page.    If all goes as planned he should reach the Atlantic Ocean sometime in April!

1 comment: