Keller Travels

Keller Travels

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sept 14-20 Sedona, AZ We LOVE Sedona

I did add some photos to the Grand Canyon blog.


We are staying at the Dead Horse State Park just outside of Cottonwood, AZ. The park is nearly empty so it is nice to have a view of the mountains instead of another trailer. After a stop at the Red Rock Ranger Station we learned that there are many opportunities to hike in this area. We made the decision to stay here 6 nights instead of 3 nights as we had planned.





This has to be the prettiest urban area I have ever seen. The town surrounded by red rock mountains is stunning. All of the homes are earth tones, so they blend into the landscape.

We have shopped at several art fairs and interesting shops and there are many, many more to experience. If we had unlimited funds everyone would be getting a gift!!  But we have done some Christmas shopping!

I'm sitting in the Safeway grocery store at the Starbucks cafe.  Tomorrow, Monday, will be our last day here and then we start the journey home. But first we have the pleasure to attend the wedding of Emily and Steve, daughter of friends form Kankakee.  We should arrive in Littleton, CO either Wednesday or Thursday.  We'll leave the trailer at the campground and then drive to Granby, Co for the wedding at the YMCA, Snow Mountain Ranch.  

I'll have more photos from Sedona when I give an update after the wedding!

Hope all is well





No comments:

Post a Comment