| Rainbow overlooking their ranch without any rain Ingalls family plus Kelly's sister Pat 1800 's cabin on the ranch Yellowstone shots |
GLACIER PHOTOS
Iceberg Lake
Greetings from Waterton Lake, Alberta, Canada. Our campsite is at the base of a mountain and has to be by far the best view we have ever had! I’m sitting at a restaurant with high speed internet (Yea) and paid for the connection. So this will be the only post from here unless the breakfast cafĂ© is free! I have to type fast as I am on limited time
We had a fabulous time hiking in Glacier and one hike, Highline trail, was a total of 15.2 miles out and back. It led us up and down the sides of mountains. That has been our longest hike ever. Surprising, we were not too tired when we were finished. We continue to meet people who are living in their RV fulltime. Last night spend some time visiting with a couple. Their RV is about 10 feet long—I can’t imagine that as my home.
Kay: If I left two visors at your house, just keep them. Kelly, we sure enjoyed the Louis and Clark Expedition book on tape
Sarah: We have seen wild horses including three that rain thru the campsite while staying at St. Mary’s outside of Glacier. There have also been many cattle along the highway
Diane asked how Phil knew Kay. Phil worked at a YMCA summer camp during high school and college. Kay’s father was the camp director and his first “boss”. We have kept in touch with this family over the years. There are 5 girls, of which Kay is one!
Phil is now on his 4th memory card so that means 1500 photos taken. He is back at the campsite planning tomorrows hike. I no longer believe him when he tells me there is minimal elevation gain and it is rated easy!
We still have to talk with Mark to finalize our home route. Everyone we talk to advises us to extend this trip. I don’t think so…
Just finished viewing the Yellowstone and Glacier photos. Spectacular as usual! I can't imagine those steep trails! Love the "goat" pictures. Enjoy the next leg of your journey!
ReplyDelete